In the recent decade since joining the EU in 2004 Malta has become a strategic destination for alternative citizenship seekers from around the World. Malta attracts high-end investors and traders due to the strength and impeccable reputation of financial services sector, excellent ICT infrastructure, health care facilities, low crime rate, productive and highly educated workforce, education options both in Malta and European Union.
WHY CHOOSE MALTA?
With Maltese passport you can experience the freedom of being a Global Citizen and take advantage of the following prime benefits:
- Fast processing within 3-4 months;
- Fast track residence cards within 1-3 weeks with Schengen mobility for 18 months;
- A total of 12 months to passport issue (inclusive of processing time) from date of initial residency;
- Inclusion of dependent children under 25 years of age;
- Inclusion of dependent parents, 65+ years of age;
- Remittance basis of taxation 15% flat rate on foreign source income; 35 % flat rate on income arising in Malta;
- No world-wide income/wealth tax – tax only paid on income remitted to and kept in Malta;
- Visa-free travel to over 166 countries, including EU, Canada, USA, UK;
- Schengen Residence and Work Permit eligibility;
- Malta recognizes dual citizenship, therefore you can still benefit from your current citizenship status;
- No need to purchase property; property rental option available;
- You may qualify for Malta Retirement Program.