With some 365 beaches of clean turquoise waters, the lush tropical islands of Antigua and Barbuda are an inviting paradise and considered to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. As a result, tourism is the key driver of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and generates around 60% of the island’s income, with key target markets being the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
WHY CHOOSE ANTIGUA & BARBUDA?
The Antigua & Barbuda passport is very well regarded and has an excellent reputation providing its holders the following prime benefits:
- Fast processing within 3-4 months;
- Inclusion of dependent children under 26 years of age;
- Inclusion of dependent parents or grandparents, 58 + years of age;
- No requirements to travel to Antigua & Barbuda during the application process;
- No interview, no education or managerial experience required;
- No tax on worldwide income;
- Visa-free travel to over 147 countries and territories;
- Antigua & Barbuda recognizes dual citizenship, therefore you can still benefit from your current citizenship status;
- No language requirement.
To qualify for the passport of Antigua & Barbuda, you can take either of the three options:
1. Donate a minimum of USD 100,000 in the National Development Fund for a family of up to four people. This is a non-refundable donation. You may include yourself, your spouse, your dependent children and dependent parents over 58 years of age in the application. Processing fees is additional USD 25,000.
For a family of five or more people, the minimum donation is USD 125,000. The processing fees for each additional applicant is USD 15,000.
THIS IS A SPECIAL OFFER UNTIL OCTOBER 31, 2019!!! The amount will then be raised to USD 200,000 and USD 250,000 respectively.
2. Make an investment in approved, pre-designated real estate with a value of at least USD 400,000 plus due diligence fees, processing fees of USD 50,000 for a family of four. For a family of five or more people, there is a processing fee of USD 15,000 for each additional dependent. The investment must not be withdrawn for 5 years. Two related parties can each invest USD 200,000 instead.
3. There are two options to invest in an existing business:
a) One individual makes a personal of at least USD 1,500,000 investment in approved business;
b) Two individuals each invest USD 400,000 in an approved business worth USD 5,000,000. The processing fees are USD 50,000 for a family of four plus USD 15,000 for each additional applicant.
The Citizenship-by-Investment Program of Antigua and Barbuda was established in 2012. To qualify for citizenship, applicants must meet the following requirements (in addition to fulfilling one of the investment options):
- The applicant and their family members, included in the application, must reside in the country for only 5 days during the first five years;
- The applicant must not have been denied a visa to a country with which Antigua & Barbuda has visa-free travel. If the applicant has been denied such visa, they must receive a visa of that country before applying to Antigua & Barbuda citizenship program.
- The applicant must be of good health;
- The applicant must not be subject of criminal investigation or have received a conviction which entails more than 6 months of imprisonment.