Since joining the EU in 2004, Malta has become a strategic destination for alternative citizenship seekers from around the World. Malta attracts high-end investors and traders due to the strength and impeccable reputation of financial services sector, excellent ICT infrastructure, health care facilities, low crime rate, productive and highly educated workforce, education options both in Malta and European Union.
According to the Maltese Government, they strove to design “… a program that is intended to take Malta to the world, to expand our horizons and bring to Malta people not only willing to invest, but who believe in our potential despite the fact that we are a small island nation.”
Malta’s Citizenship by Investment Program was the first EU-approved citizenship program, and it now continues to attract high net worth individuals looking for investment immigration.
Malta is a perfect safe haven – a neutral, safe and stable country with friendly people living a European lifestyle and enjoying a Mediterranean quality of life.
WHY CHOOSE citizenship in Malta by investment?
With Maltese passport, you can experience the freedom of being a Global Citizen and take advantage of the following prime benefits:
- Fast processing within 3-4 months;
- Fast-track residence cards within 1-3 weeks, with Schengen mobility for 18 months;
- A total of 12 months to passport issue (inclusive of processing time) from the date of initial residency;
- Inclusion of dependent children under 25 years of age;
- Inclusion of dependent parents or grandparents, 55+ years of age;
- Flat 15% tax rate on foreign source income based on remittance basis; 35 % flat rate on income arising in Malta;
- No world-wide income/wealth tax – tax is only paid on income remitted to and kept in Malta;
- Visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 182 countries and territories, including EU, Canada, USA, UK;
- Right to live, work and study in any of the European Union’s 28 countries, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein;
- Malta recognizes dual citizenship, therefore you can still benefit from your current citizenship status;
- No need to purchase a property; property rental option available;
- You may qualify for the Malta Retirement Program.
How TO QUALIFY For citizenship in Malta by investment?
To qualify for Citizenship-by-Investment in Malta Program, the applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and of good health;
- Have a clean criminal record;
- Reside in Malta for 1 year before applying for citizenship.
- Contribute at least 650,000 euros to the National Development and Social Fund of Malta;
- Purchase property worth at least 350,000 euros or enter into a property rental agreement for at least 16,000 euros per annum (on five-year contracts);
- Invest at least 150,000 euros in bonds or shares, as approved by the Maltese government, and keep them for at least 5 years;
- Spouses and children must contribute 25,000 euros; unmarried children between 18 and 25 and dependent parents must contribute 50,000 euros each.