Since joining the EU in 2004, Malta has become a strategic destination for alternative citizenship seekers from around the World. Malta attracts high-end investors and traders due to the strength and impeccable reputation of financial services sector, excellent ICT infrastructure, health care facilities, low crime rate, productive and highly educated workforce, education options both in Malta and European Union.
WHY CHOOSE MALTA?
With Maltese passport, you can experience the freedom of being a Global Citizen and take advantage of the following prime benefits:
- Fast processing within 3-4 months;
- Fast track residence cards within 1-3 weeks, with Schengen mobility for 18 months;
- A total of 12 months to passport issue (inclusive of processing time) from the date of initial residency;
- Inclusion of dependent children under 25 years of age;
- Inclusion of dependent parents, 55+ years of age;
- Flat 15% tax rate on foreign source income based on remittance basis; 35 % flat rate on income arising in Malta;
- No world-wide income/wealth tax – tax is only paid on income remitted to and kept in Malta;
- Visa-free travel to over 166 countries, including EU, Canada, USA, UK;
- Schengen Residence and Work Permit eligibility;
- Malta recognizes dual citizenship, therefore you can still benefit from your current citizenship status;
- No need to purchase property; property rental option available;
- You may qualify for Malta Retirement Program.
To qualify for Malta’s Citizenship-by-Investment Program, the applicant must:
- Be of good health;
- Contribute at least 650,000 euros to the National Development and Social Fund of Malta;
- Have no criminal record;
- Complete due diligence;
- Purchase property worth at least 350,000 euros or enter a property rental agreement for at least 16,000 euros per annum (on five year contracts);
- Invest at least 150,000 euros in bonds or shares, as approved by the Maltese government, and keep them for at least 5 years;
- Reside in Malta for 1 year before applying for citizenship.