One of the oldest countries in Europe, Portugal is known for year-round golf, rich historical and cultural heritage, fantastic beaches, friendly people, and blissful holidays in the sun. Perfectly positioned on the elegant shores of the Atlantic Ocean, Portugal is a popular European destination for adventure-lovers and architecture aficionados alike.
Established in 2012, the Program, also known as the Golden Visa Program, enables non-residents of the European Union to obtain a special residence permit that allows them to live and work in Portugal. Subsequently, the applicant can submit documents for permanent residence and citizenship.
WHY CHOOSE PORTUGAL GOLDEN VISA PROGRAM?
The rich and diverse culture of Portugal along with beneficial Mediterranean culture make Portugal an ideal destination for living, doing business, and raising a family. Access to Schengen zone, rapidly developing economy and the secure market attract thousand of investors in the Golden Visa Program.
What are the benefits of the program?
- Live and work in Portugal;
- Travel without visas in all members states of the Schengen zone;
- Become a permanent resident or citizen of Portugal after 5 years as a temporary resident;
- Bring your family along (spouse, partner, dependent children, dependent parents).
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR PORTUGAL GOLDEN VISA?
To qualify for a golden resident permit in Portugal, applicants must fulfill one of the investment requirements and:
- Hold no criminal record;
- Make a required investment from the funds originated from abroad;
- Comply with minimum stay requirements (7 days in the first year, and 14 days in subsequent two-year periods);
- Your property must not be frozen in the EU territory;
- You must first enter Portugal on a valid Schengen visa.
INVESTMENT OPTIONS IN PORTUGAL
To meet the investment requirement, you must do at least one of the following:
- Transfer capital of at least EUR 1 million into Portugal;
- Create at least 10 job positions in Portugal;
- Purchase real estate in Portugal worth at least EUR 500,000;
- Purchase real estate in Portuguese urban regeneration areas at least 30 years old worth at least EUR 350,000
- Invest at least EUR 350,000 in scientific research in Portugal
- Invest at least EUR 250,000 in Portuguese arts, culture and heritage
- Invest at least EUR 500,000 in small and medium businesses in Portugal.