Immigration To Canada Latest News
The Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream was opened on August 16.
It is a pilot program for workers in high-demand occupations with a job offer in Ontario.
The Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream is part of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), which allows Ontario to nominate individuals for immigration to Canada based on criteria set by the province.
Applicants can apply if they:
- Eligible based on criteria;
- Received a permanent, full-time job offer from an Ontario employer;
- Signed Employer Form to upload as part of the application package.
The job offer must be in one of the following eligible occupations in National Occupation Classification (NOC) Skill Level C or D.
7441 Residential and commercial installers and service providers
7521 Heavy equipment operators (except crane)
8431 General farm workers
8432 Nursery and greenhouse workers
8611 Harvesting labourers
7611 Construction trades helpers and labourers
2212 Geological and mineral technologists and technicians
9462 Industrial butchers, meat cutters, poultry preparers, related workers
Immigration To Canada New Stream Eligibility
Eligible Ontario employer must:
- Be in active business for at least 3 years;
- Meet all standards of provincial labor laws, including employment standards, health and safety, and labor relations legislation;
- Provide a permanent and full-time job offer in an eligible occupation in the agricultural or construction sectors;
- Meet the prevailing wage levels in Ontario for that occupation and region;
- If the applicant is already working in the position, the employer is required to meet; prevailing requirements and pay a wage that is equal to or greater than the current wage.
If in the Greater Toronto Area, the employer must have:
- A minimum of $1,000,000 in gross annual revenue for the most recent fiscal year;
- Five permanent full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents;
If outside the Greater Toronto Area, the employer must have:
- A minimum of $500,000 in gross annual revenue for the most recent fiscal year;
- Three permanent, full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents
Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Need to have 12 months of cumulative work experience in Ontario obtained within the 36 months before the date of the application. The work experience must be paid, full-time (or the equivalent amount in part-time) in Ontario and must be in an eligible occupation. Seasonal work experience is not eligible to meet the work experience requirement for the In-Demand Skills Pilot.
- Have completed the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school (high school) education or above, as demonstrated by a valid Educational Credential Assessment.
- Hold a valid certificate or license at the time of application for any work experience claimed in an occupation that requires certification or licensing.
- Have an English or a French-language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or above in reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- Have sufficient funds and/or income in Ontario.
Successful applicants of immigration to Canada will receive a provincial nomination certificate, allowing them and accompanying family members to apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent resident status.