The most popular Ontario Express Entry Human Capital Priorities, which is a part of Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, has reached its registration intake limit. We remind that the program was reopened on November 2, 2017.
No additional registrations will be accepted for the time being. However, the program will issue more Notifications of Interest to eligible Express Entry candidates in the pool before the end of the year.
A Notification of Interest works in the same way as an invitation to apply. However, the process of obtaining a Notification of Interest is passive, because Ontario immigration authorities search the Express Entry draw for eligible potential applicants. There is no guarantee that eligibility for the stream will result in a Notification of Interest being issued.
To be eligible for the Ontario Express Entry Human Capital Priorities, candidates must:
- Have a profile in the Express Entry pool
- Have a minimum score of 400 points under the Comprehensive Ranking System. (The score must remain at or above 400 during both the Ontario nomination processing stage and at the federal application for permanent residence processing stage);
- Have a minimum level of work experience;
- Candidates who choose to be assessed against the Federal Skilled Worker Class criteria must have at least one year of continuous and full-time employment experience, or part-time equivalent, in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) level 0, A, or B occupation in the five years prior to the date of the Notification of Interest from the OINP.
- Candidates who choose to be assessed against the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) criteria must have at least one year of cumulative and full-time employment experience, or part-time equivalent, in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in Canada in the three years prior to the date of the NOI from the OINP.
- Have a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree OR an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report produced by a designated organization indicating that their foreign education credential is equivalent to a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD;
- Demonstrate English or French language proficiency level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or above in all four competencies (speaking, reading, writing, and listening);
- Intend to reside in Ontario;
- Possess sufficient funds to cover settlement costs in Ontario;
- Meet the additional criteria under either the FSWP or CEC.
CANADIAN IMMIGRATION EXPERTS
If you need help processing your immigration files contact us for a consultation.