Ontario Immigration Stream Paused After Surge In Interest
The Ontario immigration office has paused registration for the OINP Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream. The move comes following a surge in applications for the popular Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) category, which selects candidates from the Canada Express Entry pool.
There will be no further Notifications of Interest issued while the pause on registration is in place.
The stream has reached its current registration limit and no additional registrations for this stream can be accepted at this time. The program will also place a hold on sending any additional Notifications of Interest for the Human Capital Priorities Stream.
Those who have already registered for the stream are required to submit a completed application within 14 days of registering a profile on the OINP e-Filing Portal.
Candidates selected for the Human Capital Priorities Stream receive 600 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points under Canada Express Entry, effectively guaranteeing an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
To qualify applicants must have:
- Pending application under the Federal Express Entry system;
- Minimum of 1-year of full time, or full time equivalent work experience under NOC occupation level 0, A or B;
- Canadian equivalent Bachelors degree, Masters degree or PhD;
- Minimum CLB level 7 in IELTS general exam;
- Intention to reside in the Province of Ontario;
- Minimum of 400 points under the Federal Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.
Read more about Ontario Express Entry.