Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents

Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents Program:

Canada invites more sponsors of foreign parents and grandparents to submit an application under the Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents (PGP).

The Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents is not the only option for bringing parents and grandparents to Canada. The Super Visa is a multiple-entry visa that allows parents and grandparents to enter Canada as long-term visitors. Super Visa holders may stay in Canada for up to two years on initial entry, and the visa is valid for up to 10 years.


PARENTAL SPONSORSHIP- Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents



We are happy to share great news! It’s about time you bring your beloved ones to Canada!

On 2 January 2018, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada announced intake of online interest to sponsor forms!

You now have a unique time-limited opportunity to express your interest to sponsor parents/grandparents to Canada! Make sure you don’t miss it!

The interest forms can be completed online from January 2 to February 1, 2018. IRCC will then review the submissions, remove duplicates and randomly select 10,000 potential sponsors, who can then file a complete application package.

The IRCC will inform you of the deadline once you are selected. As of now, the average processing time for such applications is around two years.

We can help you prepare a great application to ensure your success as a sponsor. Give us a call, and we will guide you through all the details! We will be excited to help you every step of the way, and assist you in finally bringing your beloved ones to Canada!


Parent/Grandparent Sponsorship Program is a Canadian government’s initiative to help you reunite with your family in Canada.

You may sponsor a parent or grandparent if you are 18 years of age or older, if you live in Canada, if you are a registered Indian, a citizen or permanent resident of Canada. You must sign an undertaking promising to provide for the basic requirements of the person you sponsor.

You must also sign an agreement with the person you are sponsoring that confirms that each of you understands your mutual obligations and responsibilities. You must also prove that you have sufficient income to provide the basic requirements for your family members in Canada as well as the persons included in your sponsorship undertaking. You may also have a co-signer.

If you sponsor a parent or grandparent, you are financially responsible for that person during the period of 20 years (in all provinces except Quebec, where this period equals to 10 years). This period is called a “length of undertaking” period.

You remain responsible for the person even if your relationship to the person changes, if the person becomes a Canadian citizen, or if your financial situation gets worse. You may only withdraw your sponsorship application before the person you sponsored has become a permanent resident of Canada.

Here, at Jane Katkova & Associates, we help people who wish to immigrate to Canada.
If you need help processing your immigration files, contact us for a consultation.

2018-01-04T19:36:38+00:00 January 3rd, 2018|

One Comment

  1. Bikramjit singh December 2, 2017 at 12:45 pm - Reply

    To Sponsor my parents what is must meet minimum income criteria?
    and what are requirements for super visa?

Leave A Comment

canadian immigration experts logo

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our mailing list receive updates and for a chance to WIN A FREE 30 MINUTES CONSULTATION.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest