Permanent Residence Pathway for Essential Workers in Canada
On April 12, 2021, the Minister of Immigration announced that foreign nationals who are now in Canada, who have accumulated at least 1,560 hours of work experience in an eligible occupation, may apply for permanent residence in Canada.
50,000 application will be accepted under this stream. 20,000 for workers in health care, and 30,000 for workers in other selected occupations.
You are eligible if, among other things, you:
- Have accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience or equivalent in part-time (1,560 hours) in an eligible occupation (the list of occupations is available on the Canadian immigration website, or you may contact us to see if you are included)
- Are employed in Canada at the time the application for permanent residence is received (self-employment does not count)
- Have a CLB 4 level of English or French language proficiency
- Reside in Canada on a valid temporary resident status
- Are not inadmissible (refugee claimants are ineligible).
Get in touch with us if you think you might qualify.