Start-Up Visa Program Start-Up Visa For Entrepreneurs
Canada provides a chance for entrepreneurs with innovative business ideas that are competitive on a global scale and can create employment for Canadians to immigrate to Canada under the Start-Up Visa Program.
As a business based program, it allows either one or a group of up to five entrepreneurs working on the same project to immigrate to Canada as Permanent Residents.
Start-Up Visa Requirements
To be eligible for Canada’s Start-up Visa Program, one must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Provide a letter confirming that your business has backing from a Canadian Investor/ designated organization
- Secure the minimum required investment from the designated organization/investor
- Venture capital fund – minimum $CAN 200,000
- Angel investor – minimum $CAN 75,000
- Business incubator – no minimum investment requirement
- Have a minimum level of CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) 5 in language skills, i.e., speaking, listening, writing, and reading (either French or English).
- Prove that you are capable of financially supporting yourself and your dependants once you’re in Canada
- Have a qualifying business
- Meet the admissibility requirements
If you plan to live in Quebec province, check Quebec’s Immigration Requirements as they assess their business immigration programs.
How To Apply For Start-Up Visa
Check Your Eligibility
The Start-Up Visa Program has business, investment, financial, and other requirements that all applicants must meet. Make sure you meet all of the requirements before you begin your application. This will save both time and money.
Get the Application Package
If you’re eligible for a Start-Up Visa, get the application package and fill out the necessary information. The package comes with an instruction manual and a document checklist to help you complete the forms as required. Once you fill out the required forms, print them out, sign them as stated and attach all the documents as per the document checklist.
Pay Your Application Fee
There are payments that you’re required to make, including the right of permanent residence fee, biometrics fee, and processing fee. Pay the fees through the provided online payment methods. Make sure it’s the exact amount required by IRCC and attach a copy of the receipt as proof of payment.
Submit Your Application
Review your application to ensure that you’ve filled all the necessary parts and provided signatures where stated. Make sure all the supporting documents are attached to your application. If everything is in order, send your complete application package to IRCC through the address provided on the instruction guide.
Provide Additional Information
During processing, IRCC will request you to provide your biometrics. They might also ask for medical exams and police certificates as per your case.
Start-Up Visa Processing Time
Applications for start-up visas are processed within 12-16 months. As you wait for your application to be processed, you can acquire a temporary work permit and work in Canada.
Start-Up Visa Checklist
- Make sure you secure an investment from a designated investor and that you meet all the other requirements
- Complete your forms as required and submit them through the correct channels
- Ensure that you attach all supporting documents, including proof of investment from approved investors/organizations
- Make all payments early to avoid delays or rejection
Start-Up Visa Cost
Here are the main fees that you’re required to pay when applying for permanent residence under start-up visa:
|Right of permanent residence fee||490|
There may be extra fees if you’re bringing your family along. Contact Canadian Immigration Experts to learn more.
How We Can Help
At Jane Katkova & Associates, we are dedicated to providing you with a successful outcome when you’re looking to migrate into Canada as an entrepreneur. With our years of experience, we have acquired what it takes to navigate the intricate IRCC system.
Let us help you bring your business into Canada by assisting you in your whole application process. Our partnership with experts in the business industry and financial sectors enables us to provide entrepreneurs with the best strategies to successfully gain Start-up Visas.
Contact us to learn more about the Start-up Visa Program and how we can help you through your application process.