We understand the importance of choosing the right education for your children. This is why we help our client families select the appropriate American boarding school for their child and assist you through the application process. When selecting the correct school for your child, we will consider the factors that are important to you, such as whether the school is top independent, prep, private, public, Catholic, therapeutic, special education, military, co-educational, all boys or all girls, with opportunities for athletic/sports, IB or AP programming (we also consult on day options).
Firstly, our services will assist with the selection of the best-suited college-preparatory boarding school for your child. College-preparatory boarding schools offer a rigorous academic curriculum, an array of extra-curricular activities and sports to prepare the students for the post-secondary education. These schools are divided by age/grade:
- Junior boarding schools: Grade 5 to Grade 8 or 9.
- Boarding high schools: Grades 9 through 12, some include Grade 13 or Post-Graduate Year.
Within both junior and high school college-preparatory boarding schools, there are additional distinctions:
- All-boys or all-girls boarding schools: while fewer in number, there are a number of single-sex boarding schools in the USA.
- Military schools: these boarding schools also prepare students for college life, with the addition of military-type discipline and structure.
- Pre-professional arts schools: these schools specialize in helping students train and become artists in a variety of fields such as music, visual arts, theatre, ballet, and creative writing. Students are prepared for entrance into either traditional colleges or specialty schools, such as music conservatories and revered art institutions, e.g. Juilliard.
- Religious boarding schools: these schools have an emphasis on a particular religion and corresponding spiritual growth.
- Additional IB or AP curriculum;
- Therapeutic Boarding Schools;
- Assistance for kids with learning disabilities;
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Support.
*While the top college-preparatory schools require a good command of English, as they do not offer ESL-based classes or curriculum for non-English speakers, there are some schools that do offer ESL supplementary programs. Please note: all schools require TOEFL testing for students who attend a non-English speaking school at present.
We offer the following services to assist you in enrolling your child or children in American boarding school:
- We will carefully and knowledgeably advise you on school selection, conduct comprehensive tours of American residential/boarding schools, and guide you through the application process and enrollment for domestic and international students.
- During the application process, we will keep you abreast of all the deadlines (including submitting recommendations, SSAT (IS IT SSAT OR SAT?) testing, English proficiency testing, interview prep, submitting transcripts, etc.). We will advise you on the waitlist process, accepting/declining the offer, and overall enrollment.
- We will assist you with understanding not just the process, but also the costs of education and what is included. We will guide you in accessing and understanding your student’s school account, required forms, and billing system.
- We will provide academic counseling on high school careers: applying, testing, making credit (subject) selection, collecting out-of-country credits and recording them in the student’s educational profile.
- We will coordinate the transition from your current school to the new one, including course/credit selection for the upcoming school year, Code of Conduct, purchasing books, dorm supplies, sporting equipment, etc.
- We will assist the student and the family at their request with the transition period in settling into the new school routine and will communicate with the school during the academic year to monitor the student’s progress.
Please note: your chosen boarding school must be an SEVP-certified school in order for the student to be able to receive a Student Visa (F-1) and study in the United States as a SEVIS student.
Contact us today to learn how we can be of assistance in selecting and enrolling your child in American boarding school.