Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program reopens next week. OINP will be reopening online applications for the following streams: 1) International PhD Graduate Stream 2) International Masters Graduate Stream, and 3) Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream. Would you like to assess your possibilities? Fill out free assessment form at https://canadianimmigrationexperts.ca/canadian-immigration/permanent-residence/
2017 IMMIGRATION PLAN:
Next year, Canada will welcome 300,000 immigrants, this number includes 57.5 % of Economic class (Skilled Workers, Entrepreneurs and Caregivers), 28 % of Family class (Parents and grandparents, Spouses, Partners and Children), 13,3 % of Refugees and 1,2 % of Humanitarian.
That number was carefully chosen after conducted surveys on public opinion and discussions with government’s economic growth council.
“The 2017 levels plan will put Canada in a strong position for the future and support our overall economic and social development as a country.”
Hon. John McCallum, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
John McCallum, Immigration Minister, is working on a new tree-year immigration plan that is expected to be introduced this fall.
The adjustments are planning to affect following programs:
– Express entry system;
– International Students;
– LMIA (Labour market impact assessment);
– Temporary foreign worker program;
By the way, the main point of new immigration plan has already observed today; the number of newcomers greatly has been increasing compared to the previous year.
The Government of Canada plans to make changes on Bill C-6, which will affect following subjects:
– Physical presence in Canada
Reduce to 3 of 5 years instead of current 4 from 6 years.
– Language proficiency
Change the age requirements for passing the language test. Applicants over 54 won’t need language proof.
– Revocation of Citizenship
Cancel national interest basis for nullifying of citizenship.
Canada’s Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, John McCallum, has announced that an additional 10,000 applications from private sponsorship groups wishing to help resettle Syrian refugees are scheduled to be processed this year.
The move follows continued public concern from sponsors and other stakeholders who were caught off-guard when efforts to resettle Syrians were scaled back, even as the Liberals were working on the goal of bringing in 25,000 people by the end of February, 2016, a target that was ultimately achieved. Soon after that milestone was reached, however, the government closed some processing centres abroad and scaled back staff in Canada processing Syrian applications.
“We are doing everything we can to accommodate the very welcomed desire on the part of Canadians to sponsor refugees,” McCallum stated from Berlin, the German capital, where he is currently meeting immigration officials.
The government announced earlier this month it would seek to admit approximately 45,000 refugees by the end of 2016 — a mix of government assisted and privately sponsored refugees from different countries. McCallum said today’s announcement is in addition to the 17,800 privately sponsored refugees the government intends to resettle by the end of 2016. The remainder of settled refugees will arrive with government assistance or through a blend of the two programs.
The Sponsorship Agreement Holders Council,a national membership association for Sponsorship Agreement Holders in Canada, had asked that Syrian applications submitted from January 1 to March 1 not be counted in the cap, and the government responded by extending that up to March 31.
“We’re going all out to meet the demand . . . The Sponsorship Agreement Holders Council has expressed satisfaction with this… now I understand that not everyone is necessarily happy, but I think we’ve gone out of our way to create maximum room for privately sponsored refugees,” said McCallum.
While McCallum is making more room for privately sponsored refugees, he said the the processing of their applications won’t be finalized before the end of 2016 or early in 2017.
The Liberal government of Canada plans on welcoming up to 305,000 new permanent residents this year — the highest projected immigration level in decades, and around a seven percent increase on the 2015 plan.
The government provided details in its 2016 Immigration Levels Plan, which was published on Tuesday, March 8. The increase in immigration numbers will be primarily through family sponsorship and refugee settlement programs, though more than half of all newcomers will arrive through economic immigration programs. The target mark of 160,600 people in economic programs is in line with admissions through those programs over recent years, even if the target itself is slightly lower than last year.
The numbers of refugees to be accepted in 2016 will be around double the number that was targeted for 2015. Canada’s Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC, formerly known as CIC), John McCallum, has stated that his department aims to speed up processing times for family class immigration, economic immigrants and refugee claimants by applying the lessons it learned from bringing 25,000 Syrian refugees to Canada over recent months.