Strategically located at the crossroads of Europe, Asia and Africa, Cyprus offers much promise and opportunity to its investors. Best prospects lie in the energy, shipping, services, and high technology sectors. The investment landscape in Cyprus is beneficial due to the island’s low tax business environment, skilled and English-speaking professionals, and excellent infrastructure. Cyprus competitive, free-market, service-based economy offers international investors and businesses confidence to invest, grow and prosper.
WHY CHOOSE CYPRUS?
- Fast-track procedure. Citizenship applications are approved within 3 months;
- Visa-free or visa on arrival access to 158 countries and territories;
- No physical residence required. You only need to visit Cyprus once every 7 years;
- Dual citizenship allowed;
- Right to live, work and study in Europe;
- Cyprus is a meeting point for many of the world’s civilizations, situated at the crossroads of Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East;
- First-rate education system and excellent health care;
- Residence and citizenship applications can be submitted simultaneously;
- No language proficiency tests;
- Investments can be sold in 3 years;
- People in a civil union may also submit applications;
- Low taxes and free trade with the EU;
- No double taxation;
- Right for property ownership in the EU;
- One of the safest countries in the world;
- A great holiday destination.
Cyprus Citizenship by Investment is available to investors pursuant to the “Scheme for Naturalization of Investors in Cyprus by Exception” on the basis of Section 111A (2) of the Civil Registry Laws of 2002-2013, based on a Council of Ministers decision dated 19th March 2014.
For citizenship in Cyprus, applicants need to fulfill the requirements outlined in the “Investment Requirements” section, in addition to the following criteria:
- Have a valid passport and no criminal record;
- Investor’s name must not be included on the list of persons whose property is ordered to be
frozen by the EU;
- Ownership of a permanent private residence in Cyprus with a purchase price of at least 500,000 euros (plus VAT);
- Before citizenship, applicants must first get residence (applications for both are submitted simultaneously);
- If an investor decides to only invest in residential property, the total investment must amount to 2 million euros (one of the residential properties must cost at least 500,000 euros).